<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, February 08, 2005

SHOUT-OUT TO PREVIOUS RESEARCH
In looking through David Pinto's archives, I came across to this link to a Mets' blog called The Raindrops wherein the author converts 2003 PMR to runs. The author uses a very simple method, which is to multiply each out by .8, the rough value of an out for all positions. It does not seem like he makes an attempt to find the specific average for the 2003 season as I have for the 2004 season. Anyway, there it is, I'm not the first one to be doing something along these lines. I do intend to go back and present the 2003 figures at some point using the slightly more complex method I have been using here, but I doubt that my calculations will prove much different from what is found in this linked article.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?