<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, March 30, 2005

AROUND THE HALOSPHERE
Sean gives the Baseball-Reference alternatives to the "Most Similar" game I played a couple of days ago. I was certainly aware of the B-R comps when I was compiling my list, but my one problem with them is that they don't include any park adjustments. I mean, Steve Finley's career OPS+ of 108 is 15 points higher than that of his highest active comp, Marquis Grissom. But it's a fun game and Sean plays it well, so check it out.

In the meantime, the Angels have acquired Bret Prinz. Prinz has a decent, though unspectacular, minor league record, and in their book the BPro guys projected him as about a league-average pitcher. That's probably better than the alternatives, and there wasn't any room for Prinz in the Bronx, so that's fine with me. The Halo Herald has some detail on Prinz and his career to this point, so go and behold.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?