<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, March 04, 2005

MIXED-UP, MUDDLED-UP, SHOOK-UP WORLD
I'm sorry, but the idea of John Sickels writing an article for Future Angels is about the least predictable thing ever. I'd have thought you were as likely to see that as to see The Nation run a cover story entitled "George W. Bush: The Greatest Genius of All Time."

So kudos to Future Angels for affording Sickels the space. He takes the time to write about Dallas McPherson. Not much new info for hardcore fans, but Sickels does present various projections for Mac's performance. The worst is Sickels' own 265/320/490 line, but it still seems a bit high to me. I'm worried about his strikeouts and deteriorating walk rate, but maybe I'm just a pessimist.

Comments:
Off topic but:

The Angels sold 82,052 tickets Saturday, 23,224 more than they sold last year on the first day of individual-game ticket sales.

Looks like people are really pissed off about the name change.
 
Yeah, I saw that. I had been a bit worried about a backlash back when the change was announced, but clearly there is none in store. Most of us just don't care what the name is; it's still our team.
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?