<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, May 12, 2005

MY BRAIN HURTS
"I'm concerned about our on-base percentage .... but here's what really worries me: we've had 297 runners in scoring position. Boston has had 480."
-- Mike Scioscia, quoted in The OC Register

Do I even need to get started on this? I mean, good Lord ... the Angels' OBP is .294. Boston's is .361. Boston has had 445 humans reach base this season, not counting home runs. The Lads have had 336 reach.

I have no idea where Scioscia's numbers come from, let's put home runs back into the equation ... counting homers, Boston has had 482 baserunners ... I'm sorry, but there's no way 480 out of 482 Boston baserunners have been in scoring position. But, anyway ... the real problem is that you can't get into scoring position if you don't reach base. But maybe that's just me ...

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?