<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

I AM UNHAPPY
So, tonight was one of those nights where I had to tape the game, as I was going to be out.

The activity I attended was great fun. Well, at least, it was great fun for most of the night. It ended with me being in the middle of a ridiculous dispute between two of my friends, which basically boils down to one of them being a delusional numbnuts.

So, after an contentious hour trying to reason with this clown, and how I got stuck with this task is a mystery to me, I came home a bit angry and embittered. And by "a bit," a mean "a great deal." I'm a very calm person in life, so that's a pretty rare occurrence, so I'm stewing as I cue up the VCR to watch the game.

Because, you see, I had recused myself from all knowledge of the game, so I had no idea what I was about to see.

You might be able to figure out the rest from here. Honestly, as I fast-forwarded between pitches, I wasn't really paying that close of attention. But Joe Saunders looked good, and we had some big hits and good plays, and in the top of the ninth I was starting to calm down and feel better.

It was nearly 2 AM at this point.

Of course, we had to suffer through another frickin' Frankie meltdown, which is not the way I wanted to end what should have been a good night. So now, in addition to anger and bitterness, I have discouragement and disappointment. And I've still got three-fifths of the work week to try to survive.

Boo, I say. Boo.

Comments:
Frankie has the stuff, but not the composure. I always felt that way.
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?