<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, October 08, 2007

AND SO IT ENDS 

Well, I guess the optimism in my "prediction" was misplaced; we did lose to a better team, and, well ...

... that's not quite good enough, is it? Losing to them is one thing; I don't feel bad about having lost to the White Sox in 2004, who were on such a tear, especially as we were the only team to win so much as a game against them that postseason. But I feel that we should have been able to at least, you know, win a game this time. We even had two good starts out of the three. But it wasn't enough, as you know.

A couple of days ago, I talked about expectations. I said that winning the division was the minimum; this is a team that has to compete for the World Championship. We're a strong organization, but it doesn't look like we're there quite yet.

One "problem" with the Angels is that each regular is an average or better player, making finding significant upgrades difficult.

We'll talk about that as the offseason goes on. As for now ... well, it's over.

Comments:
Uh... it was the other color Sox the Angels lost to in 2004. 2005 was White.
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?